Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, August 30, 2013

2013_08_30 Friday

Jonathan and I walked to school this morning. He got to sleep in an extra 16 minutes! We saw the bus pass our second stop option and waved it on, and we got to school with about 10 minutes to spare. We may make this a regular routine when Dave can be home for Elise (or if she decides to get up earlier). It was really a nice, easy walk. That said, construction is starting at school, so it may be more of a headache going forward. We'll see.

I stayed for the principal's tea. It was nice to see who she is and hear about some of the new initiatives. Because the school is so new, they are going through some growing pains, esp with restricting parents from things they had been allowed to do when the school was smaller and newer (popping in for lunch; swinging by the classroom whenever, etc). It's sort of amusing that that was allowed anyway. I also offered myself up for any 'consulting' they may need on school security.

I just got this note from Elise's teacher:

Today we are practicing using computers and Elise has a special message for you!

eeeeeeeeelliise

I'm assuming she wrote that herself.

I also am staying true to my extra-curricular activity promise: I've signed Jonathan up for one sport (tennis) and one activity (robotics) this semester. Elise is in ballet/tap, which is probably enough for her right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment