Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2013_08_20 Tuesday

Dave had breakfast with both kids today! what a treat!

After I dropped Elise off, I headed for the DMV to get my GA license. What a debacle! It took nearly three hours of waiting for my letter and number to be called. I am now the proud owner of a temporary ID card. Tangentially, a school in that town, Decatur, had a gun-at-school incident, but I didn't see it. Repeat: we were unaffected by the school shooting (but, thank you for all the texts asking about our safety). Luckily, Elise was at ballet, which was actually tap today, so her day was an hour longer than typical.
what a D-I-V-A!
From here teacher:
We had another great day at international preschools! Today we continued reading about the letter B.  We colored blue birds and X really enjoyed coloring his B. We also learned the the word bird starts with the letter B. X loves to color and she finished her birds in no time. We learned a new dance today called La Raspa. We danced in pairs and as a group and X and X hopped from one foot to the other with ease. In Art, we practiced using pencils by tracing rhythm sticks. We love to use rhythm sticks during music time.  X was very good at tracing her rhythm sticks. Elise enjoyed using a new instrument during music today, the sand paper blocks. We clapped to the beat during the song, clap if you can. X happily hugged his friends during musical hugs. I would like to thank X and X for bringing me such pretty flowers this morning.

While I was walking to pick her up, I got a call from the J's school nurse. Apparently, he slammed into a tree. She said he was fine: no blood, no tears. Apparently, he crashed into a tree while talking to someone. I guess it's a good thing, since he clearly has 1 friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment