Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, August 23, 2013

2013_08_23 Friday

The morning started extremely early today; Elise got up at 5am -- twice. And, while she got back to sleep, guess who did not. Jonathan was a rockstar, getting up and dressed by himself. I'm having 'chef's block' for breakfast items for him; I tried a store-bought breakfast burrito, which was a fail.

When it came time to get Ms E up, she was ok. We gathered up as many B words for show-and-tell as we/I could find. Perhaps a bit overzealous: bed, bath, boat, block with a B, The Bellybutton Book, bus, and bunny. We walked to school, checking out all the B words on the way: butterfly, ball, blue/brown/black, branches, bricks. Dave passed us on the way, and she ran for a bit to keep up with him (that was super cute). When he blew her a kiss and drove off, she fell apart. But, she gathered herself nicely outside school and ran in to her class without me. When I got in, to check her in, she clung to me like saran wrap, literally wrapping her body around my legs. That drives me bananas (another B word!). When a friend came in, she was distracted enough for me to scoot out.

Elise's class report:
We had a great end of the week today! This week, we focused on Art and Music during our daily activities. Today we made a class tactile board of art supplies. Elise helped us to glue straws onto the board. X helped us to glue pom poms onto the board. We had fun dancing and singing today as well. X led us all as we danced and sang around the clouds. X showed us all how to properly use our rhythm sticks during music. X helped us to count out the sticks and identify numbers while we all worked on our sticks puzzle. Today was also show and tell. X happily stood in front of his friends and showed us his bouncy ball. X showed us her bunny.  X also showed off her blue stickers and shared them with her friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment