Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

2013_08_06 Tuesday

It's Jonathan's last day of freedom!! School starts tomorrow, and NO ONE is more excited than I am.

I rid our house of all the 'dead' moving boxes and paper. The front room looks so much better now...and bigger too. Naturally, we still have beau coup boxes left, but those are less of a priority right now, and most of them are in the basement too.

Jonathan got new sneakers today to go with his new socks. Luckily, he's still the same shoe size. He also got his birthday present dino watch in the mail today! He's super excited about it and even sits still long enough to practice reading the time. Elise got her first ballet slippers, which is probably a monster unleashed now.

We swung by Dave's office in the late afternoon to say hi. The kids loved seeing the blow-up dinos that have visited them on Skype.

This afternoon, we had a playdate at the school with a boy in Jonathan's class. It was going really well until some sort of shoving incident involving Jonathan and the boy's twin brother. We still aren't sure what happened, but J2 was sobbing on the sidewalk with a lightly scraped knee while the boy was yelling how mean "he" was "on purpose." I'm not sure if he was referring to J or another boy. Elise was in her glory with 3-4 big boys pushing her on the swing or spin-y thing until she shreeked that it was too fast, and they all immediately stopped. Side bar: I cannot believe the good manners I see on small children here; it's fabulous. Regardless, it was a very nice date for me.

I've made a small tute for tomorrow morning along with a love note. Nothing too special inside, but he'll get the idea. I've also made him Georgia bologna cut outs for his home-made Lunchable. And, he gets the last two Georgia-bread cookies for snack time. He'll get a kick out of those, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment