Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013_08_14 Wednesday

Oh boy, did one little boy hit a wall this morning. Jonathan is just exhausted. I totally feel for him (at least I can have coffee!). I'm going to look into the other bus stop option to give him another 15 minutes of sleep. My biggest fear, though, is that the bus will be too full and he won't get a seat. Also, that stop doesn't drop off in the PM, so he'd have to remember two different locations. I'm guessing he can handle that, though, if it means 15 more minutes to zzzzzzzz. Bus routes may change this week anyway (and our driver changes today), so I'm waiting to hear about that.

I took Elise to the zoo today. We saw just about the whole place. It's definitely larger than our old zoo, but everything (train, carousel, rock wall) costs to do. That said, they have a free, goat petting zoo. We saw the giant pandas (not the new babies though), lions, orangutans, silverback gorillas (from Good Night Atlanta), giraffes. The warthogs were a big hit; they were stinky and covered in slimy mud. Elise was most interested in the tortoises (??!) so we hunted them down too. The World of Reptiles was neat; tons of venomous snakes (many locals), which doesn't help me to sleep at night one bit.
flamingos on the way out

And, of course, we are all looking forward to seeing Uncle Kevin again for dinner. I'm making a slow cooker chicken, corn, and green pepper white (navy bean) chili. hope it's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment