Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

2013_08_24 Saturday

I took the family to a very cool, funky artisan's "colony" that I discovered on Friday. It basically is a big warehouse with booths for various artists. There were a ton of things I was interested in, but I thought I'd get Dave's buy in first, as most were well over $100 a pop. We ended up buying an industrial (wood/metal) table with spin-y chairs and getting a coat tree custom made. The table top is from a bowling alley, and the chair seats twirl around so they can be adjusted to the kids' height. We'll use it as an art table and a spill-over for meals. It's really cool. The coat tree will basically match, with two rows of hooks, a wooden bench, and a lattice metal rack underneath. The tree should be done by Sept 10; I think we can get the table/chairs any time.

Dave had a fantasy football thing in the early afternoon, so I took the kids to IKEA. This one is even cooler than our last one! We had a late lunch ($12). Although we went to the bathroom before we got our food, Elise's little bladder needed emptying mid-lunch. So, rather than leaving all our food and dragging Jonathan into the ladies'; I went totally Free Range, and asked a nice family next to us to keep an eye on him. Jonathan was totally willing to sit at the table while we went. It sure is nerve wracking, but of course, nothing happened. He sure is amazing. I checked them into Smalland for 45 mins or so while I raced around to get goodies. This playspace has a frequent visitor card and they have a restaurant-style beeper to notify you your time is up. We may well use that card! This was Elise's first time being allowed in; she's finally tall enough. I think it was the hair that boosted her. So, I got an art easel to go into the front room, which is now called the play room. (I also got a replacement mirror for Elise)



No comments:

Post a Comment