Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, August 19, 2013

2013_08_19 Monday

I don't feel like I've sat down since 6:40 this AM!

Right after dropping Elise off at school, I headed over to Jonathan's school to help get their garden cleaned up. I was there for about 1.5 hrs pulling weeds and aerating the soil/stone beds. Nice to meet a couple of folks there. Then, I visited J's teacher during her lunch to chat about class mom stuff. I am really excited to work with her. I hope we, as families, can make a dent in her workload!

Elise is prepared for her first ballet/tap class tomorrow. I had to search out pink tights.

I chatted with our 'gardener' guys as well. The pond is cleaned out and soaking up the algae pellets. He thinks we should be fish-ready in about 24-hours. Jonathan is going to flip. And, the house is thoroughly clean. love that! I still have laundry to do, though.

Here's Elise's school report:
We had a great first day of the week in 4KA!  The letter of the week is B. Today during journal time, we colored the letter B and things that start with the letter B. X sat and colored until she was satisfied with the finished product. During Art, we used our creativity to finger paint a class painting with our eyes closed. X and X painted very well even though they could not see.  During music time, we listened to the song, We've got a rainbow of colors and X really enjoyed dancing with his color.  X excelled at the number puzzle and telling us things that start with the letter B.  X was an expert and hot potato and carefully tossed the hot potato to her friends using her manners.  Elise was very excited to play hot potato and happily sat on the sun when it was her turn.

Now, on to lunch, my work, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment