Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

013_08_25 Sunday

The kids and I went to our local diner for brunch. Again, Elise decided she needed to go potty, so Jonathan manned the table. This is less stressful (than IKEA) since it's a smaller and familiar place.

On the way home, we rested in our swing. While walking around, I found a baby bird. When I called the kids over to check it out, the momma bird freaked out and started squaking at us. Not sure what kind it was -- gray/purple and fairly small -- maybe a gray catbird. We stepped away, and I peeked in awhile later. The baby was gone, so I'm guessing mom took care of it.

The kids are loving the new playroom. They've been in there painting and drawing at any free time. I've moved a bookcase in to hold art items. We've built up one tent for a quiet reading space on the other side. It's coming along well.

No comments:

Post a Comment