Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013_09_19 Thursday

Elise and I went to the High Museum of Art today. They have a weekly toddler art program (which, BTW, was not worth the $20 entrance fee). I didn't realize how big the museum was, so I felt a little overwhelmed by it all, and art isn't generally my bag. But, we hung out -- bumped into our next door neighbor's nanny and child. And, I am feeling very cultured in that I showed Elise The Girl With The Pearl Earring by Vermeer. Apparently, it's quite unusual for this painting to travel, and it's only here another week, so it was a pretty special thing to do. The painting was at the end of a gallery, so we walked through and talked about the animals and colors and clouds in the ones we saw en route. She named The Girl Princess Celestia, which is a leading character in My Little Pony, and we talked about her blue 'bow' and ribbon and that she was looking at us and how beautiful she was. To me, that's a big success for exposure to cultural arts! Their museum store was blanketed with TGWTPE tschachkey stuff: coffee mugs, umbrellas, shirts, stationary, buttons, magnets, you name it.

Happy Birthday to Jonathan's teacher. He had a private lunch with her today because of his good behavior. extra special for him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment