Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

2013_09_10 Tuesday

Jonathan and I walked to school again today. On the way, we saw a Florida State University flag of an Indian's profile with warpaint on his cheek; Jonathan turned to me curiously to ask why that man had bacon on his face!

Then, I spent from about 9-12:30 dealing with registering our cars with Georgia. Dave and I had to see a notary first thing this AM so I could get power of attorney for both cars. Mine was a headache (being first) because I registered after our 30-day grace period and our insurance wasn't "in the system." Our insurer was kind enough to fax over more paperwork than any sane person should need since our insurance card, which authorities consider sufficient, wasn't enough to prove coverage! Then. I had to get Dave's car inspected and get back to register it. The ad velorum (value) tax between the two cars was over $1,000! ouch. But, we are done. Dave still needs to get his driver's license; I can't do that for him.

From Elise's class:
We had a great day today!  We talked more about the letter D and what sound the letter D makes. We also made Ducks! X really enjoyed making his duck and Elise showed me that she knew it was a letter D before I even asked her.  In Art, we made masks of people covering their noses to sneeze. X drew a picture of his daddy and showed us all how to cover our noses with a tissue. X showed us all how to cover our cough with his mask. For kinesthetics , we played musical chairs. Everyone in the class had  fun and used their manners when passing friends and sitting in the chairs. X won our game. X had a lot of fun singing and dancing to the music.  As a math component, we sorted our blocks according to color.  X organized all of the yellow blocks and X organized all of the red blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment