Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2013_09_04 Wednesday

Jonathan and I walked to school again today. We cut it a little close b/c we had to go to the bank (and get a coffee to get small bills) so he could buy lunch: chicken nugget sandwich with corn on the cob!

What a mess of a day from there! Elise and I were going to the Chattahoochee Nature Center for the day to explore, and about half-way there, the water proofing guys call to tell me they can't get into the house to do the work that has been ongoing for nearly a month now. I was angry because they didn't notify me that they were coming, so we had to bag our plans to come home. When I got home, no one was to be found. They had moved on to another job and were planning on coming back in the afternoon! ugh, I was furious. E and I had just under two hours to explore. It has a great raptor recovery area; a beaver dam/lodge; a nice pond to stroll around and spy turtles; a great nature center (not sure why an empty canoe was the biggest hit); and some trails that we didn't get to see.

there's a Cooper's hawk above her
Then, they ended up an hour late, arriving just as I was leaving to pick up Jonathan. To make matters so much more pleasant, he had a terrible 30 minutes after arriving. I do have a small, cultural (?) dilemma: we've taught the kids to use the appropriate names for their body parts. Well, he said his to another boy and his nanny got very upset (he also lied to me about saying it). I'm not sure what the context was and if it was the preceding phrase (that I didn't hear), but she spelled out the word to me somewhat angrily. He refused to apologize and was disrespectful to me, so that made matters worse. He has to sit and think outside and then spent a good amount of time in his room, followed by a discussion with me. The rest of his evening was better. He goes out at 4:30 to feed his 5 fish; so far, we haven't seen any floaters. We haven't seen all 5 either, though. He's doing a nice job remembering to feed them. Homework came next; that was fine. Elise took nearly an hour to eat dinner (noodles, tuna, spinach).

No comments:

Post a Comment