Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

2013_09_08 Sunday

Jonathan got up early, by himself and built that Lego game in near silence. What a cutie. And, boy was he proud of himself. It's a 8-10yr old game!! Then, I got up and made French toast and bacon for everyone. Nice morning!

I took the kids to the zoo today. It was Jonathan's first visit (that he remembers). We ran up to the reptile house to see a feeding, but we were too late. E picked up quickly that we don't mess with triangle headed snakes because they're poisonous (or the cobra either). I feel like we looped the whole place at least twice. I don't know how the kids are still awake. We also bumped into J's teacher and son there!! We heard the lion roar a few times. The gorillas and orangutans were hiding; it was too hot for them.
E and J and a Giant Panda's derierre
Jonathan was on his best behavior; I loved it. And, I really tried to explain how much more fun it is to do things when we all make good choices. Elise, I think, got tired out, so she had a little bit more difficulty making good choices. So, on the way home, we stopped at Wendy's for their first Frosty. Yuuuummmmm!

We have now created "Boa Constrictor Hugs" that are basically tight and tighter hugs. Pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment