Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, September 16, 2013

2013_09_16 Monday

Yikes; I have the jitters. Feeling a little overwhelmed. I'm giving my first presentation (jointly) in a long time tomorrow, and I'm feeling nervous. Part of it is that there are lots of moving parts involved.

Part is that I just got an email from Jonathan's teacher explaining various weekly tests (spelling, language arts, science/social studies, reading comprehension, math and that associated progress reports will come home weekly along with bi-monthly bulletins. Yikes. This is just 1st grade! What happens when you have two kids in school...or if you work...or if you want to just breathe for a bit...

From Elise's school:
We had an all girls day today! This week, we are talking about our bodies.  Today, we made masks of ourselves. X made her face and colored her eyes green and her hair curly and brown. X told me that she has blue eyes and brown hair. The masks are hanging up in the classroom. Try and guess which mask belongs to your child according to the hair and eye color!  We also discussed emotions today and played emotions charades. X made a sleepy face and X made an excited face.  For our daily activity, we talked about all of the ways we take care of ourselves. Elise told us that she takes a bath every day and X told us that we can take care of ourselves by eating our vegetables. 

1 comment: