Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, September 9, 2013

2013_09_09 Monday

I was able to get my car's emissions' test done today, and I volunteered in the school library reshelving books, and I stopped by J's class to help with a station. But, then the mold guys called to come back to the house right away (the second time they've done this to me!) to retest the air quality. We passed with flying colors.

From Elise's school:

We had a great day today!! Our letter of the week is the letter D. Today we talked about words that start with the letter D. We traced the letter D as well. X and X traced their letters very carefully. We talked about good and bad manners. All of our friends gave very good examples of manners. X told us that a good manner is making healthy choices when we eat. X told us that brushing our teeth is a good manners. X told us that we are not using good manners when we don't share with our friends. Elise told us that not being nice to our friends is not good manners. We also learned how to say please and thank you in different languages today. X learned how to say please (tack) and thank you (tack) in Swedish. X learned how to say please (por favore) and thank you (grazie) in Italian. Have a great day and see you tomorrow!

Today is J's first after-school enrichment day: robotics. I may be even more excited than he is. He loved it. I watched him for a few minutes at the end, and he seemed to really enjoy himself. There are three other boys from his class in the program, and they are going to break it into K-2 and 3-5 grades next week. Sounds awesome. 

In reading "Stop Train Stop" to Elise tonight, I'm trying to encourage her to recognize basic words:
Mom: "The train stopped so people could get..."
Elise: "Married!"
The answer is "on."

No comments:

Post a Comment