Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, October 21, 2013

2013_10_21 Monday

Happy Birthday to my loving husband!!!

I have been on the go all day. After getting the kids off, I picked up a few Box Tops from school. They are only trickling in. Not quite the response I was hoping for, but I suppose it is better than nothing. I think Jonathan's class will win the contest hands down. Grabbed some cat food. And, then I got a nice, quiet break for myself -- a tour of Margaret Mitchell's home. So interesting. I really like learning about the history of where we live. I bought a cute Georgia cotton 'angel' Christmas ornament and a book about our neighborhood. When I flipped it open, there was a photo of a house on our street that really looked like our house, perhaps before renovations! whoa.

From Elise's school:
We had a great day today! Today we talked about numbers in nature.  In art, we colored a beautiful nature landscape and we also collected things from outside to count and share with the class.   X pulled a stick out of the nature box and Elise pulled out a leaf.  X colored and counted the trees in her landscape picture.  During music, we did the tiger shake and X  showed us all how it should be done.  During Mandarin, X had a lot of fun and repeated every word the teacher said.  Our letter of the week is I and X colored her I for ice cream.  WE made ghosts to decorate our door and X made a very scary ghost.

Tonight I'm taking Dave to a hotel restaurant that spins. I think it will be pretty neat to see the whole landscape from high above. Holy Moly, it was amazing. The food was great; drinks were flowing; and ambiance was perfect. Not a normal restaurant for our budget but really nice for special occasions.

1 comment:

  1. I just got GwtW from the library, but the font is sooooo small, and the pages soooooo many (900+), I broke down and bought it on Kindle. You may borrow when I'm done. Next visit, I want to see MM house.

    ReplyDelete