Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

2013_10_03 Wednesday

Happy Reunification Day, Germany!

Today was far more productive than yesterday, when we didn't really get moving until about 2:30...and that was only because we had to get ready to get Jonathan. I feel like I'm back on track again. Dave came home early to hang with us before heading out to the Braves' game. That was nice. I think I may have poisoned us all with an over-creative dinner, but I guess you win some and lose some.

Every so often, when I sit back an observe my kids, I get weepy. It's hard to believe that Jonathan is reading so insanely well. And, I posed a simple math problem: he's buying lunch 5 times this month. He's already bought twice. Each meal is $2. I already have $3 waiting for him. How much more money does he need? And, after a few seconds, he said, "mom, I need $3 more." like it was no big deal. gesh. I'm still checking my math.
And, Elise is pre-reading (definitely later than her brother, but that's our fault, not hers). It's partial recitation and partial sounds. But, she does recognize simple words like "and" and "the" and can certainly spell out STOP and ELISE with no trouble at all.

Elise and I went to an art store because Jonathan read a book with me that had some suggested art projects. We made love bugs out of plaster of paris They have googly eyes, one had legs, they're all painted and have magnets underneath. He's giving one to his teacher, who may have had to put down her cat today (or at best is pretty sick), tomorrow. We got some other 'disposable' art projects that they breezed through today (unfortunately, I thought they'd last at least 24 hrs!).

No comments:

Post a Comment