Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

2013_10_10 Thursday

Elise and I visited the Wren's Nest today, home to Uncle Remus and Briar Rabbit. I never really got into the stories as a kid; I also didn't realize they were all passed down from slaves, nor had I ever heard the biography of Joel Chandler Harris. The tour guide piqued my interest in the whole shebang, so I bought the collection of his stories, although not in the slaves' dialect. I know I'd have a hard time reading stories that way. The Wren's Nest is just 15 minutes away, so it seemed like a local gem to view. The house is beautiful and kept as authentic as possible and has a lovely garden that we had a little snack in.

We had tried to visit the Center for Puppetry Arts, as they just opened a Wizard of Oz show. However, they're booked solid for the foreseeable future. I guess I should have called first. oh well. We'll keep trying.

Here are two pictures from Jonathan, and he was a Star Student AGAIN this week!!
Dear troops, Thank you for stopping the bad guy and fighting for the country. You guys are very cool. Bye, JD
(troop in blue: "come back now!" bad guy in black: "No!")


The Forest: anteater and ant (in bottom left); snake in left tree; gecko in right tree; and 3 cranes, his favorite bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment