Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013_10_06 Sunday

Well, we had too much excitement this weekend. We were invited to a friends' family for dinner. On the walk home, I stepped off their sidewalk to the driveway, twisted my ankle, and dropped to the ground in pain. I walked home, leaning on Jonathan. But, the longer I waited, the more it HURT. So, at midnight, Dave took the kids to a friend's house and we went off for my first ER visit. Never again. The clientele was...different. Dave was a huge advocate for me. I did have one near-fainting episode. I was x-rayed and interviewed within an hour or so, but  I wasn't seen by a dr until 8am!! And, as it turned out, it was a severe sprain, so my ankle is swollen to a softball, is very tender, and is a lovely shade of purple, which Elise is fond of. But, nothing broken. He gave me crutches, but I may end up really hurting myself trying to walk around with them. Instead, I've been using some of Dave's braces and Motrin. I'm hobbling around alright now; I'm not sure how driving will go tomorrow afternoon, though. Jonathan has been completely adorable, trying to help me and be as gentle as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment