Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013_10_19 Saturday

I bought tickets to a local hockey game through Jonathan's school. His choir sang the Canadian national anthem to open the game, but we were 10 minutes late and missed it! boo. But, we all sat in one section, and I even recognized a couple of faces. What a fun game (well, for me at least). It was exciting for the first two periods, but the kids lost interest pretty quickly. I talked Jonathan through as much of the game as I understand and compared it to soccer so he could grasp it. There were a few fights, and we laughed at how silly they looked and behaved...and that they had to sit in time out afterward. He nearly remembered what the machine is called: zambonia. And, it took awhile to remember that they are not on skis but rather ice skates. He was impressed with how well the guys skated since it was pretty hard for us last Christmas at the Barony. That said, Elise made it onto the jumbotron not just once but twice!!!! The second time, she actually stuck her tongue out and I had to chase after her to put it away. The whole place laughed, and two people stopped us on the way out recognizing her! OMG. We moved down to the second/third row for the third period and got a nice up-close view.

No comments:

Post a Comment