Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

2013_10_17 Thursday

What a blah day; it's been raining off and on all day. There was nothing really on our agenda today, so Elise and I loafed around for most of the morning.


Jonathan came home with his mid-quarter report card! His teacher was so kind and complimentary in her text about him. And, the lowest grade he got was an 88% in PE. I'll take it!! Besides, he got two 100%s (one in Spanish). What does crack me up is that his reading tests in NJ were mid-2nd grade when he was in Kindergarten; here, he's right on track for his grade. Are standards that radically different by state? I guess they are.

So, I am freaking out just a little. I've been asked to give someone else's briefing for work to over 1,000 people. I won't have much time to practice, especially at the venue. The audience doesn't bother me much. This, in addition to taking on a full-time role while the analyst is on maternity leave. I'm actually very excited about the opportunity. I'm also, however, leery on how this will impact my family life. I think the newness of all this is what's really unnerving; with a little time to digest it, I think all will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment