Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

2014_11_11 Tuesday

11/11 is quite a day: Danielle's b'day,Veteran's Day, St Martin's Tag all bundled into one short day. I think I missed my office memo that we had the day off; I can't be sure, but it doesn't really matter since the kids are in school anyway. And, it's remarkable how much more productive I am when I know no one else is around to bug.

I spent too long last night online trying to figure out how to make a couple of lanterns for today without leaving the house (car is getting some work done) and came up with nothing, at least nothing for that project. That doesn't bode well since Auntie S celebrated last night, surely in a big way. Jonathan's teacher is in/out ill so I didn't bother to try to come in this year for a St Martin's lesson; besides, a good number were in his class last year anyway. I did mention it to E's teacher, and I think they discussed in class today. I made some dough this afternoon so that we could all bake pretzels together tonight. Naturally, the evening routine didn't got smoothly (single parenting stinks!), but we did manage to make 3 pretzels.
We didn't get to making Laterne, but that's a-ok. J finished his homework from yesterday and today (include 2-digit subtraction with carrying/re-grouping), but not before we had a very serious talk that Mom and Dad will never hate him, as he apparently suspects we might (can't tell if this is a delay tactic or if something else is going on since there were real tears). Everyone ate dinner; E even took a bath while J read to us. oye. where's my wine?!

oh, did I mention that I've caught up on all the photos I've been meaning to add to this? check, check, and check!

From Elise's teacher: What wonderful and silly hats everyone wore today! :)  Today we talked about the layers inside the earth. We learned the words crust, mantle, inner core, outer core. We made earth layers and labelled them. I read parts from he book Earth's Mantle and Core. We talked more about geologists. We made the letter Jj with playdoh. We completed games from a fun Science Folder kit. Elise shared with the class how her family will celebrate St. Martin's day from Germany. They had Spanish today. 

How do we show we are thankful for the earth and other things in our lives? 
Elise- do not pull leaves off of a tree because it will die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment