Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, November 3, 2014

2014_11_03 Monday

From Elise's teacher: Happy Monday, Hope everyone had a great Halloween. This month will be about science. This week we are talking about chemistry and the letter Ii. We discussed what chemistry is today. We discussed that chemists work in labs to mix certain chemicals together to make medicines, foods, cleaning supplies. We made a chemical reaction with pink watercolor, vinegar and baking soda today. They all said it made cool bubbles and looked like soda. We free painted what the small explosion looked like to us. We discussed acids and bases. I went over the number range with them. They had Mandarin today.

What does chemistry mean to you?
Elise- Chemistry is, to me, when you can make and erupt volcanoes. 

Both kids had special events at school to take back their Halloween candy. Jonathan had a Switch Witch, and Elise had Operation Gratitude for US soldier overseas. neat-o.

I also had a meeting with the VPrincipal today about the upcoming transition in Jonathan's class. I'm really excited about having a male long-term substitute for him. I think/hope it will do him a world of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment