Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, September 19, 2014

2014_09_19 Friday

From Elise's teacher: Good afternoon, Today we had a fun Friday. We did small centers. They made quilt patterns with paper and did a great job weaving the paper through. They played Starfall on the computer. Then they played a phonics game on my Kindle. They had German today. We talked about engineering jobs that we could have and the names of the different types. We sang an Engineer Jobs song. They also played with instruments such as triangles and drum sticks. 

What engineering job is interesting to you?
Elise- I want to be a electrical engineer. I want to do the lights

From Elise's reading group: Hello, On Monday,we worked on the color word brown. We also worked on word 'in. Everyone took turns playing on my Kindle. They played some phonics games or handwriting games. On Tuesday, we worked on color words. We did different things to learn them. We also went over sight words flash cards.  On Wednesday, we worked on the word 'in' some more. We also read sentences with words my, to. We went over flash cards. We also worked on beginning sounds of words.  On Thursday, the girls worked on a color word robot sheet. We also went over flash cards. Elise read Go! Go! Go! to me (emergent reader booklet)

No comments:

Post a Comment