Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, September 5, 2014

2014_09_05 Friday

From Elise's teacher: Good afternoon, Today we talked about Earth's materials- mainly rocks and we talked about living things v. Non living things. We made the letter C with playdoh. We practiced writing letter Cc. We used our yoga book to do some yoga moves. We played a Season Sort game where they had to sort out activity/object cards that happen in summer and things that do not happen in the summer. I read the book Goodnight Atlanta that Elise shared with us. We took turns on the computer playing Starfall (practice letter C) and a habitats game on PBSkids.

Name a living thing or a nonliving thing and tell us why it is living or nonliving.
Elise- A non living thing is a board because it doesn't grow.

Next Tuesday is show and tell -Bring a toy tool or construction vehicle to share or pictures

From Elise's reading club: Hello, On Tuesday, we all worked on the word yellow. X worked on the word the. Then we all practiced reading sentences with a focus on the words the, go. We added the color yellow to our coloring sheets. On Wednesday, we worked on the words see, my. We all did sight words flash cards. We watched and sang the vowel song. On Thursday, the girls worked on the word it. They also practiced coloring sight words in sentences to practice recognizing them. We listened to the vowel song again. They also practice 'high-fiving' sight words on the door. 

Today's be insane for me! I'm covering W/C AF and EUR, and between writing my (?)5th paper on Ebola and working a very special invitation to my presentation in November, I'm completely BEAT! I sure hope Jonathan had a good week, so we can go out to celebrate...or I might fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment