Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014_09_18 Thursday

Sorry for all my loyal readers; I've been on a work trip (backfilling entries now). Immediately after I got home, I went to the local middle school to accept a large grant on behalf of Jonathan's school that I wrote. That was pretty exciting!!

From Elise's school: Today we talked about dams. We did an experiment where we put sand in a plastic container. We made a little bed in the middle as our river. Then we took turns adding the rocks and even Popsicle sticks to make it strong. I then put water on one side of the dam and we made predictions on whether water would come out the side and it didn't. I then added all the water and explained that if there was a flood the water would go through. We worked on the letter E. They had Italian today. We made a dam with Popsicle sticks for art and added a river. 

What was your favorite part of today?
Elise- My favorite part of today was playing on the playground 

No comments:

Post a Comment