Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, September 12, 2014

2014_09_12 Friday

From Elise's school: Hello, Today we talked about demolition and I read a kids book called Demolition. We worked on writing our numbers 1-10 on dry erase boards. We also worked on counting objects to 5 on a worksheet. We had some fun playing with Play-doh. We discussed our 5 senses.

What is something you will do this weekend?
Elise- I am going to play with my babysitter. 


From her reading club: Hello, On Monday, we all worked on the word is. X worked on the word it from last Thursday. We all learned the color words white. X played with the beginning sounds picture cards with sorting. The girls and I played the game 'I have__ Who has__'  where you recognize the sight words on your set of cards and keep going until you come back to the first word. On Tuesday, we all worked on the word we and practiced our cutting skills. We also reviewed the color word white from yesterday by drawing a picture with a white crayon. I wrote down what they told me they drew. We also worked on our flash cards. They also played with their construction tools while we took turns counting 1-30 or 1-50. They took home the word 'see' wkst with sentences. On Wednesday, they took turns putting puzzle pieces in correct sequence. We read the word we worksheet. X worked on matching pictures cards to the letter they started with. They all started another sheet on recognizing color words. We did some flash cards. We played the game 'I have__ Who has__'. On Thursday, the girls finished the flower petal color words picture. We also did flash cards. Elise read CVC words on little flip booklet things that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment