Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2014_09_03 Wednesday

From Elise's school: Hello, Today we talked about the parts of a house and blueprints. We made blueprints of our own house. We talked about needs v. wants. Things that we need to live and things that we like to have. Also about the rooms we need v. want at home like a bathroom v. playroom. We talked about how we need computers and phones even though they can be used to play games. I started reading the book Oliver Pig and The Best Fort Ever. I also read I Will Never Not Eat a tomato- a book about trying new foods. We drew 3 pictures for our letters folders for letter C. We drew carrot, car, circle. They created towers with cups during French. Our surprise Mystery Reader was Ms. T! (She's a babysitter for some families at IPS) She read Nanny Key and Me. She read construction books such as Digger and Tom and Wow, City!

Name a part of a house:
Elise-  kitchen 

Elise also came home singing a cute vowel song and could recite the whole thing (A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y). Buggy French braided her hair -- and E left it in for most of the afternoon!!

Beyond that excitement, I went into Jonathan's class today to teach a lesson on mealworms. I got the biggest suckers you've ever seen so that the kids could investigate and see the little legs and antennae and eyeballs, etc. Even his Principal came in and messed with (and touched!) them; she's so good. We talked about life cycle and being part of an ecosystem and how they are both a benefit and a pest. I guess the loud voices, rubber gloves, plastic spoons, and the sweaty bodies scared them to death (or maybe they play dead?), but a good handful of the 50 I bought were not doing so well by the end.

Minutes after everyone got home, the sky opened up with a massive thunder storm that shook the house. It was pretty terrific.

Dave and I had a date at the cutest bistro-type place. Had a great outdoor garden area. Food was great too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment