Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

2014_08_28 Wednesday

From Elise's class: Hello, Today we talked about careers and community helpers. We discussed what officers, teachers, dentists, doctors, farmers, mail carriers, bus drivers, veterinarians do. They shared stories about going to the zoo when we were talking about farm animals. We made police hats and badges for art. We worked on finding the letter Aa. I read Max's Checkup and At The Firehouse. They had Italian today.  

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Elise- I would like to be a teacher when I grow up because I want to be a teacher who teaches people. 

From Elise's Reading Club: Hello, On Monday, we worked on the sight words me, can. We wrote and illustrated the sentence I can______. On Tuesday, we worked on the words is, like. We also read a sheet with short sentences focusing on the word like. Have your child read this at home for you! On Wednesday, we worked on the color word black. We went over flash cards and letter sounds. We added the word black to our 2 coloring sheets. On Thursday, we worked on the word the. We listened to the vowel song that is the tune of If You're Happy and you know it. We went over flash cards. We rolled some dice and wrote the number that it landed
on for some math number writing practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment