Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

2014_08_21 Thursday

I just got to be a panelist on a call about...Ebola. That seems to be my (work) life these days!

From Elise's school: Hello, We had calendar time in the morning. We go over the date, days of the week, our shapes, and letter of the week. Today we talked about respecting the Earth. We talked about taking care of our planet. We talked about the 3 R's. We discussed the types of things we recycle and the types of these we can reuse such as water bottles and grocery bags. We talked about biodegrading items and air pollution. We made a flower using recycled things. Some were left at school to dry. I read the book Take Care of the Earth Every Day. They had Italian today. We blew up the balloons X brought during recess and launched them in the air. We also blew bubbles with X's wand. 

Show and tell shares (letter B): 
Elise- For my show and tell, I brought a bunny and his name is Velveteen. I brought a bee, and purple bows, sparkly beads, and I brought a book (Press Here) Great book! They loved it! 

I also went to (and helped plan) Back to School Night at Jonathan's school. I got to hang out with his teacher, learn about her style, see his desk, and write him a note. I saw a lot of familiar faces in his class, which was fun. He's off to a great start, but I think it's going to be a challenging year for him!!! He's got a lot of reading to do, but she seems less interested in assigning lots of homework (we'll keep that a secret for now!). Last year, parents could come in as Mystery Readers; this year, she'd like parents to volunteer for experiments in science class! I think that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment