Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

2014_08_13 Wednesday

From Elise's school: Today was a great day! We had calendar time in the morning. We had show and tell. I read the book My Mom is my Show and Tell. We talked about when to say excuse me and covering our mouth when we sneeze or cough. We can either use a tissue or use our arm.We practiced putting tissue to cover our mouth for art. Before they had French, I read the book Everybody Bonjours. We practiced writing the number 1. We practiced writing the letter Aa. We drew 3 pictures of words that start with letter A in our letter folder-- apple, ant, Alex. 

Show and tell shares:
Elise- For my show and tell I brought a picture of me and my brother. We are dressed up as superheroes. I also brought seashells that I got from Papap's [Pop Pop's] beach house and found these seashells. 

Dave and I started a new 'tradition' -- we had our first date night in...well...forever. We went to King + Duke. It was great. I had a tomato salad from the chef's home garden. delish. Dave had a customized steak tartare. We also shared a side of cornbreaded okra; I actually really like this veggie when it's not slimy and in gumbo. And, we shared a duck platter. We had to send it back b/c it was too raw for our taste, although it's supposed to be pretty darn raw. The second try was great. They gave us the duck's tag -- a tradition for them, but a bit morbid for me. I think Dave put it on his key chain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment