Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

2014_08_06 Wednesday

Today is Elise's first day in 5K (preK)!!! I made her a Tute too, just like Jonathan's. She was so excited to get her own Tute!



From her teacher: Today was a great day!We all got to know each other and the school. Each child stood in front of the class and they told us what their favorite color was, how old they are, if they have any brothers/sisters, and something they did over the summer!They were not shy and each one participated!:) We talked about some rules for our class and I also explained some classroom procedures. 
They completed some drawing worksheets about the first day of school. Then we had story time where I read them Curious George's First Day of School. We also had some yoga/stretching time where we stretched our legs. We met the French teacher Madame N. They danced with her and practiced saying Bonjour and Je m'appelle (their name). 

What is something fun you did over the summer? 
Elise- I snuggled with my parents and also I hugged my mommy. 

We will practice our handwriting in this book throughout the year and you will see how much they will have progressed! 

I put recycled items on there such as paper towel rolls, clean baby food jars, clean egg cartons. if you would like to collect these and bring them in whenever during the year that would be greatly appreciated!!   

Oh, this lady doesn't know who she's talking about! ha, we'll surely keep a steady supply coming.

Last night, I had a big surprise for the kids. We got free vouchers to the premier of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie; it doesn't come out in the theaters until Friday. It was so popular that we were in the front row of a 3D movie! yikes. Good movie, although maybe not quite appropriate for Elise. oh well. Naturally, they weren't in bed until 10pm, but we'll manage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment