Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2014_05_20 Tuesday

What a day!! Elise was up and waiting at the door for me when I got back from the bus stop this AM -- that's 1.5 hrs earlier than she should be up! We took a shower, and her hair springed up like Shirley Temple/Orphan Annie.

From Elise's school:
We started the day with an obstacle course.  X thought she needed help on the climbing wall but it turns out all she needed was some loud cheering - she did it all by herself!  Everyone completed the course and got a rainbow lollipop!  Thank you X!  After that we moved on to bubble blowing. X was able to catch bubbles on his wand without breaking them.  Elise took the prize for popping the most bubbles.  X received a special invitation and got to enjoy lunch upstairs with his big brother.  In art X chose some really sweet pictures to put in his class book.  X and X got to choose centers from the shelf because they figured out how to spell my name.

Jonathan got an award at school for being on the honor roll for both semesters. They had a big awards ceremony, and the 1st graders all sang Over the Rainbow. Very cute. Then, we had a end-of-year party in the classroom. Jonathan pulled out a tooth (#6?). Teacher made a PPT of all the kids; a mom made a PPT of each kid with a quote to Teacher (a lot like the book I made for KinderGan). So sweet, and I'm really glad she did it b/c I sure haven't had any extra time in my days. made her cry. Teacher got bad (health) news from family and left the class very upset, so we ended up hanging around a little longer than anticipated. Sounds like she'll be back tomorrow, though. J had a friend come home with him b/c Mom also got very sick. Dad took us to the frozen yogurt store as a (completely unnecessary) 'thank you.' And, I worked in between all this. I fell asleep on the couch just before dinnertime. What a day, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment