Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, May 16, 2014

2014_05_16 Friday

From Elise's school:
Today was perfect.  We went directly from listening to our visitor, the dentist, tell us how to take care of our teeth to chowing down on lots of sprinkly cookies that X brought for his birthday.  We all discussed going to the dentist and other people who keep us healthy and safe.  Elise said, "My dentist is a girl [not true!].  She said that I have to brush my teeth 'cause I'm a big girl now.  I take care of my own teeth but if I make bad decisions she will help me."  X gave us good dental tips saying, "You have to brush and floss all of your teeth once at the morning and once at the night.' X is glad that the policeman keeps him safe by "keeping all the bad guys away and locking them up with handy cuffs."  X is healthy because his doctor "checks out" his "hands and ears". X should be on our list of people who help us.  More than once she came to the rescue today when a friend was having trouble lifting or carrying something.  We played a great game with the sorting bears at circle time. Everyone had a turn to get timed by the stopwatch.  X (1 min 37 sec) and X(1 min 33sec) had some impressive times, but Elise took the championship with 1 min 6 sec.  I want to thank everyone once again for a wonderful and touching teacher appreciation week.  It's always fun to get treats but when they are delivered with so much love and excitement that's a double gift.  Thank you.

I also got to watch Elise's tumbling class today. Oh what fun. There are only four girls in the class, so they get lots of one-on-one attention, but they sure can get wild (or maybe that was just for our benefit). Elise did a double forward roll and a bridge facing up and then down so that the other girls could crawl under. She was also an awesome log-roller. Then it sort of all fell apart with the crazies. I can see why she sleeps so well after tumbling, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment