Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

2014_05_06 Tuesday

From Elise's school:
Today we talked about two of my favorite things, polite words and table manners. At lunch X told us to close our mouths when we're eating and drink without slurping.  X added that we should drink with no food in our mouths. I hope I'm not giving too much away by saying this, but X and X learned how to turn MOM upside down to make WOW!  X worked a looong time on another Mother's Day surprise.  Elise brought some cool "Z" items for circle time - a bee that says, "buzzzzz" and a Z bar.  

Dave and I had a really special treat: a work colleague hooked us up with free tickets to Lady Gaga's show. We were at eye level and Row L (so, 17 in from the front) to the side of the standing-room-only crowd. She was ridiculous. The audience was so flamboyant; I mean over. the. top. Her music was far more techno than I realized, but I totally enjoyed the songs that I knew from the radio. And, she sang and danced the entire show; quite the stamina, I think. We stuck around afterward for a bit to meet my colleague and to see how fast they deconstruct the stages. Very, very cool night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment