Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

2014_05_18 Sunday

I rarely brag about myself, but today I think I deserve it. I made both kids' teachers a belated teacher appreciation (or maybe an early end or year) gift. It's mostly food things like:
a box of tea: You are TEA-riffic
a gift card to Starbucks: Thanks a LATTE!
donughts: You DONUGHT know how much we appreciate you!
a plastic egg: You are EGG-zactly what we want in a teacher
mints: I MINT to tell you that in person.
Starburst: You are the STAR of the school
animal crackers: While it may feel like a circus sometimes, you are the best ring master.
nail polish: (on a hand print) You are HANDS DOWN the best teacher.
soda: You are SODA-riffic!
orange tic tacs: ORANGE to sad that the year is almost over?
cookie: You have made me one smart COOKIE.
pencils: Pencils are #2 because you are #1!
 there were a couple more but I can't remember them now. Pinterest is amazing for that stuff.

oh yes, I am a rockstar parent this year, albeit it a little later than I had really intended.

So, Dave's been away this weekend for his boys' 40th b'day trip to Colorado. Sounds like they had a great time rafting, ziplining, and doing other manly things. He missed his plane tonight (killed too many brain cells??), though, so he'll be in in the AM.

I took the kids to IKEA today for a bit of time in their playspace and then a late lunch and, of course, a soft serve cone. We got new nightlights for both (Jonathan's had died, and E is still using an infant monitor), and they seem happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment