Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

2014_03_29 Saturday

I could not fall asleep last night. Might have been b/c I told J/E one could sleep in my bed with me at a time, and J jumped on that, while E picked a tent in her room.

We had quite an adventure today. We went to the ATL Science Festival Expo in the city. There were so many booths and events to participate in. It was really fun and overwhelming. It took forever to park and walk to the place, so we lost some time there. But, the kids checked out so many things and stopped by a ton of booths. It definitely would have been easier with Dave here since both kids weren't necessarily interested in the same things, and the booths weren't necessarily targeted to both ages. I picked up a bunch of brochures too for future personal and school use. I have pix on my camera, but they're not great.
don't remember what this "goop" was, although you can make it at home, but if you stopped messing with it (as a solid) it became a liquid.

Then we had to high-tail it across town (which didn't happen b/c the traffic was horrendous) so that Elise could make it to a classmate's birthday party at an art studio. We were late. She painted a bird. I had discussed with Jonathan that this was not an event for him and that we would come back separately to do it ourselves, and he packed a backpack of things, including snacks, to keep him busy, but when he saw the location, he basically imploded on me. (oh, that's fun) The birthday mom gave him a plate to paint (which probably didn't do much for my authority, but whatever); he was happy.

We got home, and I took an N-A-P while the kids dug through the bags of stuff from the Science Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment