Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, March 10, 2014

2014_03_10 Monday

From Elise's school:
We started the day on our newly spruced up playground.  Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on Saturday.  Back in centers X completed a very challenging horse puzzle so she got to name the horse.  His name is Cinny.  X helped X with the tangrams in such a thoughtful and gentle way.  She used phrases like "that one is tricky" and "if I were you I'd try the triangle". X and X worked hard and matched all the upper case and lower case letters in the alphabet bugs.  X and Elise enjoyed painting their butterfly wings - especially when X's dropper accidentally shot pink paint at me! In circle time X and X were both quick to tell us their mom's and dad's names.  Anyone who could not remember is to interview you tonight for their "homework".  X read a dinosaur book to us - there was A LOT of roaring!

Oh daylight savings really kicked us in the derriere this morning. Jonathan asked me why it was so dark as we walked to school; I thought it was pretty interesting that he even noticed. We also talked (ad nausium) about when to talk, and I offered to draw a stop sign on his hand if he needed another reminder (but tried to ease off the visual reminders so he just plain remembers for himself). So far, so good. It was down-right hot today; I had the doors open to air out the house for awhile (and Biggles even ventured out to explore the porch), and the kids played outside until about 5pm!! I think Spring has sprung! We even went back outside after dinner for a quick game of soccer and to water various plants, but especially the blooming daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment