Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, April 24, 2015

2015_04_24 Friday

Elise's school: Good afternoon! Today we talked about climate change, tornadoes, and global warming. We did a tornado- in a-jar experiment with dish soap. We also attempted a water cycle experiment with shaving. Cream and food color ;) We played sight word bingo. We played sight word bug splat. They had German. 
Tell me something about tornadoes or global warming: 
Elise- I learned that tornados are so strong that it can tear down a tree
NOTE: Opa had some choice words for the "global warming" part of the lesson plan.

Conferences are May 4th- May 8th Tuesday is booked 
Reading club: On Monday we worked on -in, -og , -en, -at families. We came up with real and nonsense words. X and I started reading the fat cat sat on the mat. X and I started that one too. X worked on color words blue and black. On Tuesday, X and X worked on reading CVC words. I also read a book with X . X finished the Fat Cat book. Elise played a phonics app on the Kindle practicing sight words. X and I went over sight words flash cards. X and I went over color words cards. X  and X played with popcorn sight words. On Wednesday, I worked with X on letter sounds and Sight words with X. X and I read BOB books. The girls put addition and subtraction cards together. X and X worked on CVC words. We all worked on flash cards. They also played number zingo.  On Thursday X, X and X worked on the -an family booklet. They also played dig for sight word carrots. Elise read Loose Tooth! to me. She spent time learning sight words on the kindle. We all played bingo. Elise and I and X and I started reading And Here's To You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment