Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

2015_04_02 Thursday

Today, I was finally able to put my accident behind me. I had my court date and got my hefty fine. What a crazy process, but it's over.

Elise's class: I will not be there tomorrow. Buggy will be in the class. Have a wonderful Spring Break everyone!! :) See you all on the 13th! Happy birthday to X! And happy early birthday to X! Field trip to the botanical gardens Tuesday, April 21st
Today we talked about islands. We discussed that Antarctica and Australia are islands and we talked about the 7 continents. I read a book about Antarctica. We looked at a globe and discussed which continent we live on, etc. They made an island scene with paper and felt. We practiced handwriting-- letter Ww. Some friends practice some individual work with handwriting. We had an egg hunt in the classroom! And we celebrated X's birthday at the end of the day!

I discussed what deserted meant and then asked..If I was on a deserted island...
Elise- I would build an igloo.. with sand 

Reading Club: On Monday, X caught up on some vowel sounds work. We also caught X and X up on what syllables are and did some practice with that. On Tuesday, X and I worked on syllables (did great). The girls and X worked on the mice syllables worksheet independently. We all did some work and then enjoyed the nice day on the playground where X and I read the first BOB book to me :) On Wednesday, X and I worked on sight words flash cards. X  and I read BOB books. X read 2 books to me also. X worked on 2 reading booklets. Elise and the other girls played a digging for carrots sight words game.  On Thursday, I worked one-on-one with Elise, X, and X. X and I practiced sight words and we read 2 BOB books together He also put numbers 1-20 cards in order. Elise and I used a large Judy Clock and discussed the basics of time. We also read a BOB book. She also put lowercase letters in order. X also did this independently. Xalso read 3 BOB to me. They got to play a Frozen matching game when they were done. 
Have a wonderful and safe spring break everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment