Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015_02_10 Tuesday

I had the very best intentions today to get soooo much of the kids' old clothes consigned (read: $$$ in my pocket), and I failed...epic-ly. I even packed up the car (entire trunk!), drove 20 mins to the place, and waited there for about an hour as they sorted through it all, only to find out that hardly anything qualified. Ugh! I must be missing the secret to selling crap.

I did, however, get a call that my "new" furniture should be arriving on Friday. that's exciting news. Already have someone lined up to buy our current dining room table! shocking.

Jonathan got to go on a field trip to the symphony today. All I can think about is Auntie deciding on her harp. He mentioned something about wanting to watch the second row of violins (?), so I'm glad that Auntie is getting the piano instead of us.

From Elise's teacher: Today we painted like Michelangelo and painted upside down under our table! Whew it was hard work. :) we looked and talked about the Sistine Chapel and David statue. We also practiced handwriting in our journals. They had Spanish. We also read When Everybody Wore a Hat by William Steig, a book about the 20s and we talked about how photos used to be black and white and what cameras used to look like and where music used to be played from -phonograph. We talked about how people wore different hats back then. 

Btw we have 10 students in our class total! 

What is something you learned about Michelangelo today? 
Elise- I learned that Michelangelo painted a ceiling called Sistine Chapel 

No comments:

Post a Comment