Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, January 16, 2015

2015_01_16 Friday

From reading club: Hello! We have a new student for reading club. Her name is X! Welcome!  She is in Ms X's class. This email will be sent every Friday. On Monday, X worked on the word need and then he read Curious George phonics books. X and Elise worked on the word jump. I assessed X to see where she is at. She also worked on the color words robot sheet. X and I worked on Peter sounds. Some played with playdoh and Legos for 5 minutes at the end. X and I read 2 BOB books. On Tuesday, we all took turns reading BOB or the curious George books with me. X , X , Elise worked on word find. X and I worked together on sounds and writing our numbers. X worked on sight words like, andOn Wednesday, they played splat the bug. The girls worked on word down. The girls got to read sight word flash card while a friend found it on a bug on squashed it with a fly swatter :)  X worked on reading CVC words. X worked on phonics letter sounds on the Kindle. On Thursday, X and Elise worked on the booklet What can you find? Elise played on the kindle practicing 1st grade words. X played addition Zingo. They both played splat the  sight words bugs game together. X and I worked on 2 beginning and ending sounds worksheets. X also played on the kindle. 

From Elise's teacher: Hello, We had calendar time in the morning. We made sweet & sour concoctions to taste today during snack. We shaped the letter Nn with playdoh. We went over sight words flash cards. They all took turns on the kindle. We all worked on Number Patterns. X and X made the book In the Snow, I See... and also played with popcorn sight words. I read the books More,fewer,less and Who Lives in the Snow?   They had German today. We enjoyed the nice weather for recess! 
What was your favorite part of the day?
Elise- my favorite part about school was playing with playdoh. 
Next Tuesday is our 100th day of school! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment