Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015_01_14 Wednesday

From Elise's teacher: Hello, Today we talked about who Martin Luther King jr was. I read a nat geo kids book on MLK. We talked about how there is a holiday to remember him (No school on Monday). We talked about what a Nobel Peace Prize is and why he received it. X asked what a speech was as we were discussing. We learned the words violence and protest as well. We talked about his famous speech. They drew a picture of people showing love and care toward each other. We also discussed day/night for science. I read the book What Makes Day and Night and I used a globe and a flashlight to show what happens and when we get sunlight. They had French. 

Show and tell shares: 
Elise- for my show and tell, I brought a soft blanket and a hard playmobile trophy toy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment