Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

2014_12_11 Thursday

From Elise's teacher: Today we made mosaic tile art with different materials. They had Italian today. I did pattern cards with each student. We went over AB, ABB, AAB, ABC patterns. X played a phonics game on the kindle. I read the book Colors of Us and we discussed how people can be different shades of color/brown like the kids in the story. We came up with words like they did in the story such as cinnamon, honey, caramel, chocolate, peach. We also went over sight words flash cards together as a class. Most recognized I, a, at, up, can, me, on, go. 

What is your favorite wintertime activity? 
Elise- building a snowman and having a snowball fight with my brother 

From reading club: On Monday, X, X, and I played the roll the dice game with sight words: up, I , at, is, me. X, Elise, and X worked on a color words/sight words coloring sheet. X and X also worked on matching numbers to their number words.  We all went over sight words. X and I went over letter sounds. On Tuesday, X, X, and Elise played the roll the dice game with some of our difficult words such as jump, make, find. We all worked on a coloring reindeer sheet with sight words. X and X also worked on a beginning sounds wkst. On Wednesday X and X made color word cards. Cut out and practice please! They also worked on beginning and ending sounds of CVC words. X, X, and Elise made read What Color Is it? booklet. We went over flash cards.  On Thursday, Elise and X worked on recognizing sight words. They also read BOB books to me. X and X worked on sight word like. X and I also worked on color words. X played a phonics game on the kindle and learned some letter sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment