Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

2014_12_09 Tuesday

Jonathan's been feeling off for the past few days; he says that his tummy hurts and that his throat hurts when he talks. (I know a very easy solution for the latter.) This morning as we were rushing around to catch the bus, he turned to me and said: "Mom, I don't feel good. I really think I might have ebola." We talked a little about how safe we are (and that people with ebola actually come here to get better; whew, did that come in handy!!), but I ran out of time. So, I alerted the school nurse and his teacher to be considerate of that fear. ;o) Well, he got sent home around 1pm for a fever, and we stopped by CVS to rule out strep, but the nurse ruled in strep. Jonathan has to stay home for 24hrs, so he'll miss the last day of his science club; he's pretty bummed about that.

And, a few days ago, Elise had a doozy. "You know, when boys get their fingers painted, it's called a manicure." I couldn't resist asking what it's called when girls do: "a ladycure, of course."

Elise had a complete, satanic episode this morning. I asked her to get dressed; she refused. I told her that I would pick an outfit or she could; she refused. Then, I stuffed her into jeans and a sweater; she did not really appreciate that. Then, I had to rush to get dressed myself b/c I had a conference to attend this morning. When I went back to her room, she was hiding in the closet, naked. OOOOH, was I furious. I jammed her back into the clothes that I chose (she kept yelling that she didn't like those), and we proceeded to breakfast. How do you like those consequences?! I explained that I hope that tomorrow she gets up and selects what she'd like to wear so that we don't repeat this nonsense. She was fine afterward. When I dropped her off at school, she said that she was only going to be respectful of her teacher and babysitter. Hopefully by the time she gets home, she will have reset herself.

From Elise's teacher: Today we talked about poinsettias and made one. We heard a story of where the plant came from in Mexico. We also made stockings. I read the book How My Parents learned to Eat. I had a pair of chopsticks and we practiced picking up an erase with them! They had Spanish today. We practicing writing Ll in our journals as well as numbers 1-10. We made patterns with buttons and pattern cards. 
Tell me something you learned about poinsettias today: 
Elise- they come in different colors 

No comments:

Post a Comment