Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013_12_15 Sunday

We just had a lovely family night out. I had wanted to try out one restaurant that I found online, but we couldn't find it. It may have been tucked away, and it wasn't worth going down alleyways to track this place down. Instead, we went to The Family Dog, which is sort of a misnomer, in that it's not entirely family-friendly. But, we made do. The kids had grilled cheese and pretzels...and bits of my salad. They had a jazz band warming up, so I took the kids up to see the clarinet, bass, drums, and piano. Both kids thought that was pretty cool. Elise was into the clarinet (which she kept calling the trumpet) and piano, while Jonathan really liked the drums (oh boy)...and the sax that wasn't there (!?). The performers were really cool about letting the kids get close enough and making funny faces at them. Then, the clarinet player came off stage for the vocalist and sat right behind me! Both kids thought that was neat. Dave and I took turns taking the kids up to the stage to watch them play. It was neat to see both kids swinging and swaying and groovin' to the music. And, Jonathan and I talked about rhythm and melody (that's about the extent of my music education), both of which he has in music class...but not singing like this lady, he said!

As we were leaving, Santa Claus came in...in his casual overalls. Oh my goodness. When I pointed him out to the kids, their mouths hit the floor. They asked: Why would Santa come to The Family Dog?! and I said that even he needs some soulful jazz and a good beer sometimes...but, his elves were surely still working away, of course! they were sold. He slipped me a card that he actually does Santa appearances. too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment