Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

2013_12_01 Sunday

What a phenomenal two weeks!!! First, I flew to DC for work, and the highlight was giving a briefing to 1,400 of my closest work friends. I felt like I did a good job, but even just the opportunity and exposure was truly wonderful. I am now working full time, temporarily while a woman is on maternity leave. I really enjoyed spending time with the staff and networking/schmooooozing. I also got to see a bunch of dear friends, including having a ladies' night out. I don't feel like I slept much, but it sure was nice to have a quiet hotel room. Great time, all around!!
Once the week ended, Dave flew up with the kids and picked me up. We spent four excellent days with PopPop and Grandma and that whole family. Then, we drove to Nanna and Grandpa for three days, including Thanksgiving. What a feast! Then, we spent one night at Uncle Steve/Aunt Vicky and family. We got to see Cat play basketball too. Then, we drove back to our old town to visit three great friends (two with kids in Jonathan's grade). I wish we could have stayed longer to see a few more folks, but we just didn't plan very well. Next year we may stay a night to see everybody. Finally, we flew out of Newark very late at night and got home close to midnight (not a wink of shuteye on the flight either). The kids were amazing through 99.9% of the entire trip, and I'm sure much of it was jarring, sleeping somewhere else every other night, etc. But, I really enjoyed all the time we had with such good friends and family.
Today has been all about recovery and getting back into our normal groove. I've done a ton of laundry, groceries, etc. Preparing to be a full time employee going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment