Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, December 13, 2013

2013_12_13 Friday

It's Friday the 13th!!!
Now, I'm not sure this is a good lesson but here's how the morning played out:
Jonathan has gotten into the habit of watching some TV as he eats his breakfast; however, today he decided not to eat and only to watch. I went ballistic (probably b/c J2 snuck into my bed at 2am; I carried him back to his bed around 5:30 where I also "slept" -- or didn't -- until 6:40), and I turned off the TV. He started crying...loudly...which made me even more mad. But, I explained that if he could show me that he was eating and not crying, he might have time to watch the end of his show. He did. Nothing like a good downward spiral to start the day off. Then, as we are running out the door (and it's 40 degrees), his parka is nowhere to be seen. So, he has to wear his 'new,' lighter courd jacket, and we got to the stop as the bus was pulling up. He didn't even get to suffer in the cold. So, the whole morning really didn't teach him much of anything. You win some; I lose many.

From Elise's school:y
We had a great day! Today we made play doh!  X helped us to make playdoh and also told us which colors to mix to make purple. X voted to make blue playdoh.  We also made wallets with money in them to use for our class car wash. X colored her wallet and X helped to tape her wallet. Elise helped to collect money when we paid to have our car washed and X washed the cars.  We all took turns operating the car wash. We worked on the letter M and X traced his letter M words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment