Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, July 29, 2013

2013_07_29 Monday

I took the kids to Centennial Olympic Park this morning. What fun they had running through the Olympic rings' water park...and it's free. Elise didn't love the unpredictability of the water jets, but Jonathan got a hang of them pretty quickly. He was soaked! Elise ended up putting her derrière in the water. Later, we shared a bucket of fries, and then, at 12:30, there was a free water show: choreographed water and music. Neat to watch. By then, it was getting hot, so we packed up and left.

Jonathan had a playdate at 2 with a new 1st grader at the park down the street. It was my first time walking there, and the kids were happy to give me directions. We stayed for about an hour before the friend got tired and went home.

Now, I'm waiting for two more box pick-ups and doing some work while Elise R-E-S-Ts and Jonathan explores his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment