Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

2013_07_28 Sunday

We have been at work getting rid of boxes. I've already had three people come to take some away, and they didn't make a dent in the pile. We still have "some" boxes in the basement that are less important, but I'd still like to snoop through them soon. And, so far, only one champagne flute died.

We've spent the late evenings at our friends' pool burning off any residual energy...and having some grown-up brews. The kids love it. Friends came over today to help hang the TV, and Dave got all the wires connected.

I've now been grocery shopping -- we have Publix here -- and to Bed Bath and Beyond., and, of course, I've joined the local Freecycle group and gotten a couple of plants.

I love all the crepe myrtles here. They line most streets and are in full bloom. We've got a lot of gardening to do. Everything is quite overgrown. I've got to find my gardening tools first, though.

I've also met another neighbor (one house down) who has (6) grandkids about our kids' ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment