Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2013_07_24 Wednesday

We landed safe and sound in the lovely, hot state of Georgia in mid-afternoon! The drive from PA was as painless as could be expected. The kids really were terrific. We stayed at a hotel just inside North Carolina to break up the drive. The kids freaked out that it had an indoor pool; and it had a cookie happy hour; and we watched some TV...in bed; and they got to pick their own breakfasts out in the morning! What could be better!?

Jonathan was dying to see his pond, so went to the back before even going inside. I met our neighbors and young kids, so that was nice. I managed to unpack a lot of boxes, mostly in the kids' rooms. I felt like they needed to feel settled and see their toys again. Then I worked on the kitchen. Yikes, that's an undertaking. It's so big that I'm not sure where to put things!

We had dinner at Moe & Joe's, which is a dive-ish bar, but I didn't want burgers or pizza and it was the first place I saw. We sat outside and had quesadillas and a beer.

Nicole/Doug stopped by to welcome us in. She said that you should always make a wish on your first night in a new house; Jonathan really took that seriously and pondered what his wish should be (didn't come up with one). Bedtime was remarkably easy, probably because they were surrounded was familiar things, even if the space was new. While the kids didn't really 'exercise' much today, it was emotionally draining, I think. They were pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment